The XX and XXI Centuries led to significant progress in gastroenterology and surgery, but these techniques were not possible without the development of a new diagnostic method - endoscopy.
Endoscopy is a method of examination of the internal organs with the help of special devices called endoscopes. The term comes from two Greek words (endon - inside, and skopeo - look/explore).
The method is widely used for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes in surgery, gastroenterology, pulmonology, urology, gynaecology and other fields of medicine.
The department performs endoscopic diagnosis, treatment of conditions of the gastrointestinal tract and bronchopulmonary system, with endoscopic surgical procedures conducted on a planned and emergency basis. The staff are experienced, qualified professionals who have been trained in the leading countries of the world.
They have available a wide range of modern equipment such as video endoscopy developed by the Japanese company, Olympus. This differs from standard endoscopic equipment in that it has the capacity to magnify images of the gastrointestinal tract and bronchopulmonary system by up to 100 times. Also available is a unique type of examination in Kazakhstan, endosonography which examines the gastrointestinal tract and upper respiratory tract for early signs of cancer.
In the department the following endoscopic examinations and procedures are carried out:
- diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy in gastroenterology, pulmonology
- endoscopic surgery (biopsy, polypectomy, papillosphincterotomy to stop bleeding, removal of foreign bodies, etc)
- X-ray examination cholangio - pancreatic - duodenal area
- endosonography of the esophagus, stomach, pancreatobiliary region, colon, trachea and bronchii.
Endoscopes are cleaned according to strict standards of hygeine using automatic washing machines such as Olympus OER-AW as part of the automated system of cleaning and sterilising endoscopes, which excludes the possibility of infection (helicobacter, hepatitis, HIV) during medical testing.
The benefits of endoscopy in Multidisciplinary city hospital №1:
- The department is equipped with new, modern video equipment format HDTV (high definition television) which provides clear, magnified video images of the gastric mucosa, allowing for qualitative diagnosis with video recording capability
- Ability to conduct complex X-ray endoscopic surveys
- Ability to conduct additional helicobacter tests based on cytology and histology
- Ability to perform complex endoscopic treatment and reconstructive activities
- Exploration and manipulation, upon the patient's wishes, are made under local or general anaesthesia
WHY DO PATIENTS CHOOSE US?
- highly trained medical staff
- modern equipment
- effective methods of treatment and prevention of diseases
- honesty and openness
- years of experience
+7 7172 51 57 02 – Information Service
+7 7172 27 20 15 – for question of planned hospitalization
+7 7172 50 62 71 – Check-up centre and consultative and diagnostic services
OUR ADRESS IS:
Endoscopy Unit, 1st Floor
Multidisciplinary city hospital №1, Nur-Sultan
010000, 66 R. Koshkarbaev Ave, Nur-Sultan