DEPARTMENT OF TRANSFUSIOLOGY
Transfusiology is the science of transfusion of blood components. Today it is an integral part of modern medicine.
Department of Transfusiology is a centralized structural unit of the Multidisciplinary city hospital №1.
The main tasks of the department include:
- Safe and proper use of blood components;
- management of the quality of transfusion therapy by monitoring and evaluating the use of donor components and blood products;
- provision of maximum efficiency and safety of the use of blood components;
- the foundation for the transfusion of blood and its components on an evidence basis.
The competence of the staff of the Transfusiology Department includes:
- clinical use of blood components
- laboratory provision of immunological safety of donor and recipient blood
- provision of intraoperative hardware reinfusion
- ensuring a non-reducible reserve of donor components and blood products
- continuous training of personnel involved in transfusion therapy
- monitoring the effectiveness of transfusion therapy and all post-transfusion complications
- provision of a "cold chain" at all stages of storage, preparation for transfusion and transportation to the patient's bed
The department is equipped with modern, specialized equipment for storage, heating, defrosting and reverse transfusion of both alogical and autologous blood and its components from the leading world manufacturers of Germany, Italy, the USA, Latvia.
The laboratory of the department of transfusiology passes the annual certification by the Republican Reference Laboratory. Equipment and reagents allows working according to recognized international standards by the microcolumn method for determining direct and indirect Coombs test, which allows to detect with maximum accuracy anti-erythrocyte antibodies in the blood of patients and prevent immunological incompatibility of donor components.
Annually, the Transfusiology Department staff provides about 30,000 immunohematological studies and 10,000 blood transfusions to patients, surgical and therapeutic departments, coming in both scheduled and emergency procedures.
Round-the-clock organization of work and proper storage of redundant donor components allows patients to receive quality blood components and preparations, not only standard, but also rare in the blood group and Rh component.
Thanks to the established and operational work of the department many lives are saved.
Leading specialists of the department have a rich clinical experience in both clinical and production transfusiology. In addition, they have adjacent specialties in resuscitation and intensive care, undergo annual training in leading clinics of near and far abroad.
The department provides services within the guaranteed volume of free medical care, as well as on a fee basis.
List of consultative-diagnostic services:
- consultation with a transfusiologist
- determination of group and rhesus belonging, direct and crossover method
- determination of anti-erythrocyte antibodies
- direct antiglobulin test (direct Coombs)
- indirect antiglobulin test (indirect Coombs)
- determination of the titer of anti-erythrocyte antibodies
- determination of the phenotype
- individual selection of donor components
- Hardware reinfusion
WHY DO PATIENTS CHOOSE US?
- highly trained medical staff
- modern equipment
- effective methods of treatment and prevention of diseases
- honesty and openness
- years of experience
+7 7172 51 57 02 – Information Service
+7 7172 27 20 15 – for question of planned hospitalization
+7 7172 50 62 71 – Check-up centre and consultative and diagnostic services
OUR ADRESS IS:
Department of Transfusiology, 2 Floor
Multidisciplinary city hospital №1, Nur-Sultan
010000, 66 R. Koshkarbaev Ave, Nur-Sultan